At Oakton Chiropractic we ensure that only the best in Chiropractic Medicine is available to relieve pain and return our patients to their best health in the shortest time possible. We firmly believe that each patient is a unique individual and make sure to tailor our care to your specific needs.
Chiropractic care is related to patients living with many health issues As your chiropractor we will explain how our patients have been helped using natural healing techniques incorporating chiropractic care for both chronic pain in the neck and back as well as many other symptoms listed below.
Chiropractors are trained to use very specific adjustment techniques: some use only the hands, others utilizing specialized instruments such as a disc decompression table. Patients who seek chiropractic treatment at Oakton Chiropractic Clinic can be sure they will experience the most modern and up-to-date chiropractic techniques available.
On your initial visit we will discuss your individual situation, and we may need x-rays for diagnosis. Once we have found the source of discomfort, we will then likely prescribe spinal manipulation. Spinal manipulation is the use of controlled force to realign the joint(s) or spine into proper place. A full treatment plan may consist of a series of visits for Chiropractic care, therapeutic massage, and nutrition information that will increase your body’s ability to heal and pain relief will be long term.
Some common questions we may ask are:
- Did the onset of your pain immediately follow an injury?
- Is there anything you do that improves or worsens the pain?
- When and how did your pain start?
- Where is the pain centered?
Our focus is not only on treating the symptoms but locating the cause of the health concerns. We have helped people with the following:
Trauma (from a sudden injury)
- Back or neck pain (whiplash)
- Sciatica Cervical or lumbar disk injuries
- Shoulder, elbow or hand pain
- Hip, knee or ankle pain
- Muscle pain or weakness
- Joint sprains
Repetitive Stress Injuries
- Tendonitis: (pain and inflammation)
- Epicondylitis: (golfers/tennis elbow)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome (wrist pain)
- Cervical or lumbar radiculopathy: (disk compression or the nerve)
- Spinal Stenosis
- Temporomandibular Disorders (TMD)